Friday, July 23, 2010

The nine months I carried you

Dear Lexi,
I first found out I was pregnant on September 25, 2009. We had been trying the last month. I took a pregnancy test and it was barely positive. Your dad didn't see anything. He thought that I was seeing things. I took the test first thing in the morning, but we had to go to school so I couldn't take another test to prove it. That night when we got home I took another test and it said PREGNANT!


We were both so excited. It was an amazing day for us. I was still scared that I might lose you. I researched way to much and stressed myself out. We made an appointment with Innana Birhting Center. It was a beautiful facility. We had our first appointment when I was 11 weeks pregnant. When we went we got to hear your heartbeat. It was the most amazing sound. I was so happy that you were a healthy little bean. I knew from that first heartbeat that you were a girl. Daddy didn't believe me, but I felt that you were going to be a girl. When I was about 19 weeks pregnant we went in for our first ultrasound. You were beautiful. The u/s tech said that you had my nose and lips. I was so in love with you. You were a perfect little baby. When she said girl I was so happy. We had already picked out the name Lexi! It was a great moment. I was so happy to have my little girl.

The next few months went by fast. I was tired a lot, but still really excited for the semester to end so I could meet my beautiful baby. We had Wendy take some maternity pictures. The picture in this post is one of my favorites!




The whole pregnancy was really uneventful. I had some pretty bad morning sickness my first trimester, but that went away at about week 14. The last few weeks went by incredibly slow. We were both so ansios to meet you. I felt like you were going to stay in my belly forever. We tried everything to get you out. I danced, swam, jumped, ate spicy foods, and did whatever else came to mind. But you were stubborn and came when you were ready. Not when we were ready!
Love,
Mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment