Monday, July 26, 2010

Coming home

Dear Lexi,
We were released from the birthing center at around three o'clock. After taking some pictures with the wonderful ladies who deliverd you, we were off to start building our relationship with each other.
When we got home you and me were exhausted. Daddy wasn't exhausted because Aunt Sandra bought him an energy drink :). We showed you around the house and then put you straight to bed. We slept for almost the rest of the day. I woke up when the Gourleys brought us pizza for dinner, but you slept through that. That night the rest of the grown ups in the family came to visit. You got to meet grandma, Wendy, Grant, Brooke, and you got to know Sandra a little bit more. When we left the birthing center we were told to wake you up at 10 if you hadn't woken up by yourself. At ten o'clock I told your grammy that it was almost time to wake you up to eat, a few seconds later you woke up. It was cute. They all left at about 10 pm so that I could feed you. I fed you and we both went to bed. I was so nervous about taking care of you all night. I set an alarm on my phone for every two hours so that I could make sure you were eating enough. My alarm never got the chance to go off. You were like clockwork. You woke up about 15 minutes before each alarm. You would fall asleep in my arms while I was nursing you and then wake up before I put you in your bed. If you has the choice you would have only slept in mine or daddy's arms for months. But we had to put you down. Our first day together was amazing.
Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment