Friday, July 23, 2010

How Two Decided to Become Three


Spending time with the Hess family. Part of the reason we decided to become Parents.

Dear Lexi,

It was a hard decision daddy and I had to make when the topic of children came up. Originally we planned to wait until we were both out of school to start having kids, but I was a little anxious. Starting in Febuary 2009, I started to think about having a baby. I knew deep down in my heart that there was a little baby waiting for us. Well, daddy wasn't so convinced. He thought that we wouldn't be able to afford everything while going to school. We crunched some numbers, had a lot of serious heart to heart chats, and decided that we should wait. I still felt like there was a little soul waiting for us to have a baby. Which means that the topic of having a baby was never settled. I decided to give daddy a compromise. I told him that we could have a baby or he could get me a bunny. Daddy chose a bunny! That summer, Ryan and I went to Brandon and Amanda's. Brandon had started working for an alarm sales company that sold alarms over the phone rather than door to door. We were in Utah for a total 3 weeks. Which is all it took to convince daddy that having a baby was the right thing to do. I convinced daddy to seriously pray about our decision. So we prayed. And we played with Taryn and Kaden. By the time we left Brandon and Amanda's house, we had decided to try and get pregnant. Which meant that I didn't get my bunny when we got back to Texas. Which is ok. I would much rather have a baby!

We made some promises to each other. First; I needed to continue my schooling, regardless of becoming a mom. Second; I needed to work from home so we could have enough money and not have to pay for daycare. Third; we had to be on board with all decisions.

We decided that we had three months to try to get pregnant. We didn't want to have a baby during the school year. I didn't want to miss school and daddy couldn't miss any school. So we could either have a baby the end of May, June, July, or the beginning of August. Needless to say we got pregnant the first time. Which is why you were born in May.

Having a baby was not an easy decision for us to make, but after a lot of prayer, compromise, and heart to heart conversations we decided that having a baby was a blessing.


And that is the story of how we decided to get pregnant!


Love,

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment